SINGAPORE: One more patient has recovered from COVID-19, said the Ministry of Health (MOH) on Wednesday (Mar 4), bringing the total number of discharged cases to 79.
Two new cases were confirmed. To date, there have been 112 cases of the coronavirus in Singapore.
Of the 33 patients who are still in hospital, most are stable or improving. Seven are in critical condition in the intensive care unit, said MOH.
Explore our interactive: All the COVID-19 cases in Singapore and the clusters and links between them
READ: Protective gear to fight COVID-19 ‘rapidly depleting’: WHO
Case 111 is a 43-year-old male Singapore Permanent Resident who has no recent travel history to affected countries and regions but who was been in Malaysia from Feb 18 to 21.
He is currently warded in an isolation room at the National University Hospital.
Case 112 is a 62-year-old female Singapore Citizen who has no recent travel history to affected countries and regions.
She was confirmed to have COVID-19 infection on Wednesday morning and is warded in an isolation room at the National Centre for Infectious Diseases (NCID).
She works at Creative O Preschoolers’ Bay (31 International Business Park) as a non-teaching staff.
She is linked to Case 94.
UPDATES ON PREVIOUS CASES
MOH on Wednesday gave an update on Case 110, a 33-year-old Singaporean man who is linked to the cluster at Wizlearn Technologies.
The man had reported onset of symptoms on Feb 22 and had sought treatment at a general practitioner (GP) clinic the next day, MOH said.
As he had been identified as a contact of Case 93, he was referred by MOH to NCID on Feb 27. Subsequent test results confirmed COVID-19 infection on Tuesday morning.
He is currently warded in an isolation room at NCID.
STUDENT EXCHANGE PROGRAMMES SUSPENDED
The National University of Singapore and the Singapore Management University have suspended all student exchanges to Italy until further notice, in light of the COVID-19 situation in the country.
As of Wednesday, more than 2,500 people have tested positive for COVID-19 in Italy.
Air New Zealand on Tuesday confirmed that a passenger who travelled onboard a Singapore to Auckland flight tested positive for the virus. According to the New Zealand Herald, the woman was returning from a holiday in northern Italy via Singapore.
Singapore has announced that it will block entry and transit for new visitors who travelled to Iran, northern Italy or South Korea within the last 14 days.
Minister for National Development Lawrence Wong also warned of the need to be prepared for “new spikes” in COVID-19 cases in Singapore.